COURTNEY ARMSTRONG, MEd. LPC, is author of Transforming Traumatic Grief (2011) and her latest book, The Therapeutic “Aha!”: 10 Strategies for Getting Your Clients Unstuck (2015).
She is a licensed professional counselor specializing in grief and trauma recovery. With a career spanning more than two decades, she has helped thousands of clients overcome trauma, grief and anxiety, and experience deep personal transformation.
Her professional expertise and warm, engaging personality has made her a much sought-after media guest, and she has appeared on CBS Radio News, NPR affiliates and on networks in Europe, Asia and Australia. Courtney has contributed articles to to the Psychotherapy Networker, The Neuropsychotherapist, Counseling Today, and other professional publications..
To request a media interview with Courtney, call 423-876-3490 or click here to e-mail her.
To access supplemental press materials, click the links below:
- Courtney’s speaker 1-sheet in PDF format.
- Press release for The Therapeutic “Aha!”: 10 Strategies for Getting Your Clients Unstuck.
- Sample interview questions about how to get unstuck from The Therapeutic “Aha!”.
Courtney’s expertise, warmth, wit, and storytelling ability has made her a much sought after guest on podcasts, radio shows, and television news programs. She is currently scheduling podcast interviews for the month of August 2015 as she promotes her new book, The Therapeutic “Aha!: 10 Strategies for Getting Your Clients Unstuck
As a guest on your show, she can share valuable, entertaining content such as:
- 3 key strategies your listeners can use right away to get unstuck and trigger breakthroughs in their lives.
- Humorous, playful techniques that reduce anxiety, anger, and self-loathing.
- A simple 5-step process your listeners can use to heal a traumatic memory.
Your show will also be widely promoted via a wide variety of channels including e-mail, social media, press releases, and websites to bring in new listeners and additional exposure for your podcast!
To book an interview with Courtney, click here.
Courtney enjoyed talking with Cindy Sexton on Channel 3’s Three Plus You show about how to overcome PTSD- post traumatic stress disorder.
Open to Hope You Tube Channel
Courtney had the privilege of being invited to share a short video on six steps to heal from grief to peace with the Open to Hope project.
Open to Hope is an online community where people can find and share inspirational stories of life, loss and love as well as audio, video, and other resources to assist in coping with grief. provides resources to grievers of all types.
Courtney had the pleasure of meeting with Jed Mescon on Channel 3’s Three Plus You show recently. Click below as they discuss ways to understand and deal with OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder).
Dr. Steve Salvatore interviews Courtney on WPIX-TV Morning News in New York City on the 10th anniversary of the 9-11 WTC attack.
Click here to listen to Courtney’s interview with David Van Nuys of Shrink Rap Radio where they discuss the key to inducing transformational change in a therapy session and how to influence your 7-primary emotions.
Click here to listen to Courtney’s interview with Dr. Michael Harris on The Healthy Mind and Body Blogtalk radio show where she discusses how to use hypnosis to tame your emotional brain, change a traumatic memory, and snag more “Aha” moments that help you get unstuck and reach your goals.
Click here to listen to Courtney’s interview with Rémy Chauseé on her Get Unstuck Expert Café to learn creative strategies to help ignite your “emotional brain” and create new neural pathways that can advance you out of a stuck or stalled situation.
Click here to listen to Courtney and Dr. Susan Hickman discuss how accessing the right side of your brain can heal emotional and relationship patterns that traditional talk-therapy can’t reach. Learn how fun and easy it is to get “In Your Right Mind!”
Click here to listen to Courtney on Jed Mescon’s award winning program on WGOW as she, Jed, and Dr. Mark Womack discuss how to recognize, understand, and heal from post-traumatic stress.
Click here to listen to Courtney’s interview with Michele Rosenthal of HealMyPTSD.com. In this interview Courtney discusses six steps to move from grief to peace and how to recover the “lost” sense of self many experience after trauma.
Click here to listen to Courtney discuss issues returning Vets are facing with Pam Bunch, producer and host of NPR’s Morning Edition on WNCW, Asheville, NC.
Click here to listen to Courtney’s interview with Nnete from the Box in Houston, Texas on overcoming loss.
Taking a Creative Approach To Client Change, a great article by Laurie Meyers about how to be creative in counseling sharing brilliant ideas and stories from Courtney and others!
Click here to read Julia Brown’s interview with Courtney titled 5 tips for helping patients reach their “Aha!” moment and overcoming the cravings that come with addiction.
Click here to read Courtney’s article in the Psychotherapy Networker titled Creating Adventure and Play in Therapy about how to create moving experiences in the consulting room that reach the emotional brain and propel change.
Click here to read Courtney’s article on “Creative Memory Reconsolidation” in the Australian based Neuropsychotherapist Magazine where she discusses what brain science now tells us about how to effectively heal a traumatic memory and demonstrates how to use creative interventions such as imagery, story, music, and movement to facilitate this transformational process.
Click here to read an article in the Epoch Times in which journalist Mary Silver interviews Courtney about coping with the 10th anniversary of the 9-11 WTC attacks.
Click here to read an article by Courtney about using Storytelling to Heal Grief that was printed in Advances in Bereavement’s recent journal.
Other Media Appearances
- Midday News on CBS Newsradio, Los Angeles, CA
- KRLD/CBS Radio News with Mitch Carr, Dallas, TX
- ESPN Radio, Hawaii
- Talk of Chicago, WVON-AM
- KLUV-FM, Dallas, TX
- Oklahoma’s First News with Reid Mullins on KTOK, Oklahoma City
- The Fairness Doctrine with Patrick O’Heffernan and Chuck Morse: Boston, MA, Tampa Bay, FL, Ashland, OR, and San Francisco, CA
- Issues and Answers with Terry Leahy on NRG Media
- AURN News with Allegra Johnson, American Urban Radio Networks
- WZPL’s My Eye on Indiana with Bob Horner, Indianapolis, IA
- Freedom News Hour with Walt Thiessen, Progressive Radio Network
- Dennis and Shelli Show on WHFB, Michigan and Indiana
- What’s Up with Terry Lowry: Pittsburgh, York, and Lancaster, PA; Houston and Beaumont, TX; Omaha, NE, Kansas City, MO: Huntsville & Mobile, AL: Chattanooga, TN; Albuquerque, NM; and Pensacola, FL.
- KHTS-AM News with Carl Goldman, Santa Clarita, CA
- Gary Sutton Morning Show on WSBA, York, PA
- Jon Wright on KLPZ, Parker, AZ
- Gary Snyder Show on WBAT, Marion, Indiana
- Jim Bunner on KWOA, Worthington, Minnesota
- Danny Lee Morning Show on WFPA, Fort Payne, AL
- Discourse with Amanda and Melissa, WTSR, Trenton, NJ